Situated in Central Florida, Orlando is known to be one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world. It is home to the famous Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, which attracts a minimum of 75 million tourists every year.
The city offers a plethora of fine dining and entertainment options that are accompanied by favorable weather conditions and accessibility. But, that isn’t all the city is known for. Orlando is also a business hub. This, coupled with its tourist attractions and its prime location in the country, makes it the ideal destination for trade shows in America.
The Orange County Convention Center, located in the heart of Florida, hosts several trade shows around the year. The International Dairy Deli Bakery Association, commonly known as the IDDBA, organizes its annual trade show at the popular convention hall.
IDDBA, as an organization, has members from all over the world. It offers a platform for today’s leaders to connect with tomorrow’s innovators. Both of them come together with the common goal of expanding their business and networks. Recognized as the most visited trade show, it boasts an attendance of around 10,000 visitors and 2,000 booths, with the numbers only increasing with every passing year.
Since it’s an annual, businesses head to the show to target serious buyers, merchandisers and executives. IDDBA is known to bring together people who share a common interest in food products. So, if you are a business owner or just a food enthusiast, you need to ensure that the IDDBA show in Orlando is on your must-attend list.
Amidst a hundred trade show options available, what makes IDDBA a definite choice? The answer is simple. It organizes one of the largest trade shows when it comes to the dairy, deli, bakery and food services industries. Since it’s an annual occurrence, it provides a golden opportunity for the attendees to directly meet and engage with decision-makers of the various organizations who are involved in the field. This helps the exhibitors build strong networks and eventually expand their business.
A report on IDDBA 2018 was published recently, detailing the event. It stated that out of the top 75 supermarkets in the world, 65 of them made their presence felt at the event. The total sales after the event amounted to a whopping $124 billion. One of the reasons behind this was that around 28,460 stores represented their individual organizations. These numbers prove why the IDDBA Trade Show is highly popular and sought after event.
So, if you’re thinking about attending the event this year, you’ve come to the right place. Apart from telling you about why it’s important, we will also outline a few important services that you can look forward to enjoying at this event.
Customer services at IDDBA ’19
In-Store Live – When you opt for this amazing feature, you can enjoy increased exposure on the show floor. This service provides exhibitors with an interactive space. Your sales officials can use it to build creative displays that are sure to wow attendees and get them to engage with your brand.
Lead Retrieval – Given its unending popularity, IDDBA has designed its own app. The app can be used to help exhibitors and attendees stay in touch with each other during the event. Exhibitors can also use the app to keep track of their customers and the sales that they’ve made. Since it provides a platform where business-owners can keep in touch with interested parties, it makes lead generation and retrieval incredibly easy.
Showcase New Products – The IDDBA show provides you with a dedicated space where you can unveil your latest products. Exhibitors utilize this area diligently to drive maximum attention towards their booth. You are likely to find large groups of attendees hanging around in this area, learning about the innovations in the food industry.
IDDBA Hotels – Besides providing you with a large space for your booth, the IDDBA show also offers you the advantage of booking rooms within their campus area. Since your accommodation will be taken care of, you are left free to focus on networking and generating quality leads.
Booth Materials – If you’d like to enjoy the entire exhibition experience at a discounted price, then IDDBA will help you do just that. You can submit an exhibitor form before the provided deadline and IDDBA will provide you with certain raw materials that will allow you to build a stellar Orlando trade show booth with a minimal investment. A late application, however, will mean paying full price for all the materials required to build a successful display.
What to expect at IDDBA’19?
- Eminent Speakers: The general session at IDDBA includes speeches by inspiring industry-leaders and visionaries. They will talk about their personal experiences, growth and how they rose to their current position. These amazing talks provide exhibitors and attendees alike with valuable insight into the industry. To pique your interest further, here’s a look at a few of the speakers who will be sharing their knowledge as IDDBA ’19:
- 1. Christina Tosi, CEO & Founder, Milk Bar
- 2. Seth Godin, Former VP at Yahoo
- 3. Laila Ali, Boxer and Chef
- 4. Michael Fox, Actor
- 5. Mike Eardly, President, IDDBA
- Innovative Concepts: The ‘What’s in Store Live’ feature provides the presenters a market space to showcase their innovative ideas related to bakeries, delis and dairy products. For example, at a bakery booth, you can find visitors participating in interesting competitions like make your own cookie dough, etc. Such ideas increase the sales of the exhibiting companies as they keep their attendees engaged.
- New Product Showcase: Every single exhibitor will be provided with a display space that can be used to unveil and launch new products in the market. Exhibitors can use the space to introduce their innovations, while attendees make the most of the experience by trying out all the latest equipment available.
- Meet & Greet with Experts: Irrespective of whether you’re an attendee or an exhibitor, we’re sure you understand the importance of building a strong business network. At IDDBA, you have the unique opportunity to interact directly with businesses who work in the same space as you. You can walk around the show floor and interact with other like-minded individuals while also building your brand’s name in the industry and creating long-term partnerships. At IDDBA, you can also meet business experts and converse with them to learn a little bit more about what you can do to enhance your brand’s position in the market.
- Fun Challenges: Over the years, the cake decorating challenge has become a real highlight at the IDDBA trade show. The best part about the challenge is that it’s hosted in front of thousands of attendees who are given the opportunity to witness world-famous cake decorators flaunt their skills. The competition is spread across three days and is thoroughly enjoyable. The participants’ design spectacular and unique cakes. The baker who earns the most votes takes home the cake decorating trophy.
According to a recent survey, attendees have claimed that with every passing year, the quality of connections they’ve made has improved. This could partly be attributed to the show’s high attendance rate in the recent past. This also means that IDDBA has become the lead event in its industry, so both exhibitors and visitors head to the show to learn more about the latest developments in the space.
Analysts have reported that the introduction of technology in the food domain has opened a wide range of opportunities for businesses to grow. Moreover, as an increasing number of people are adopting healthy lifestyles, a whopping 60% of the surveyed customers reported that they would return to the same brands again. This helps businesses maintain a strong customer base over the years.
Undoubtedly, IDDBA guarantees a great trade show experience to its visitors. But when it comes to hosting exhibits in the food domain, IDDBA offers the best place to attendees and decision-makers to grow their business. So, if you’re planning to make a mark in the same industry, pack your bags and head to Orlando. Book your place at the Orange County Convention Center and enjoy your experience at the IDDBA Show.
Due to Covid-19 for IDDBA 2021 Trade show cancels.